Wildcard Wednesday 001: Mini-Cryptic

Welcome to wild card Wednesday, when I'll post (at least occasionally) puzzles that are not traditional crosswords.

A Spanish ocean wreck


If you're not familiar with cryptic crosswords, here is a brief explanation with some solving strategies from The Guardian. To understand even more, watch some experts solve on the Cracking the Crpytic channel on YouTube. In keeping with tradition, I'll sign this cryptic with a puzzle pesudonym, which you'll already know if you're doing this here. Thanks for the test-solve and suggestions to Steve Mossberg.

By the time I post this, I'm sure sea shanties will be back in the niche where I first found them years ago, but I'll recommend a sort of modern take on the form anyway, one of my faves. Originally by Stan Rogers, but I'm recommending the Real McKenzies version of Barrett's Privateers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

006: Themeless

Enter: ME!

Wordlist Sharing